Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Google Chrome

I downloaded last night and gave it a quick try. I have to say I'm liking it so far. It's much faster than most browsers I've used (IE, Maxthon, Firefox, Opera). And it maximizes the browsing space b/c it's virtually clusterless. However, I read in a few blogs that it has memory leak issue, but I personally haven't seen that problem yet. I really like the "Find in page" feature b/c it highlights the location of the found keyword on the scroll bar.

One of the disadvantages is that Chrome doesn't support ActiveX. Since I use LogMeIn.com regularly, I'll have to use another browsers for that. Also, it's missing features such as mouse gestures, tabbing customization and plug-ins. And some sites such as http://hk.music.yahoo.com/ just doesn't load at all in Chrome. But all-in-all, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment