Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Zeno Hot Spot...not bad but not magic either!

Sorry it took me so long to review Zeno, I know I posted about purchasing this a couple months back.  But it takes time to test this product out properly.  I even had my boyfriend tried this to get more accurate results.

All Zeno Hot Spot does is use heat to kill the bacteria of the acne.  The package comes with detail instructions but just to give you an idea, here's how it works.  
  1. Power up the device, little indicator lights come on.
  2. Place the tip of the device on your blemism.
  3. Keep a steady hand, the heat is on for the next two and half minutes.
  4. Finally a multi-tone will signal you the treatment has completed.
Don't worry, the heat is bearable. But after the treatment, the acne may appear to be a bit red, which will subside.

Now, the million dollars question, does it really work?  Unfortunately, I've got very mixed results but for the most part, it worked only on small pimples for me.  But my boyfriend will beg to differ, because it worked on a medium size blemish for him.  However, it does seem to at least help control my bigger blemishes from expanding. 

If I use the coupon to purchase it and get about 80 usages out of the device, I guess I can keep one around in the house to subdue my occasional flare up episodes. But please, this is NO magic, don't think for a second that this will solve your acne problem.  I still have to religiously take my acne medication and use my Differin cream.  

Please also note that you cannot use this on "blackheads, whiteheads and the severe form of acne called cystic acne."  (Source: FAQ from Zeno website) 


  • Effectiveness
    • Sometimes, a bit unpredictable
  • User Friendly
    • Yes
  • Number of usage
    • 80
  • Website
    • Zeno ($5 coupon available)
  • Price 
    • $37.99 at Target; $39.99 at Drugstore.com;
  • Rating (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment