Thursday, April 19, 2012

Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Correcting System

I'm finally done with Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Correcting System and my overall impression is that it's OK. I do believe it is effective to certain degree but it does come with a pretty hefty price tag.  


My skin tolerates both the Retinoid Solution and Corrector, no allergic reaction and they are fragrance-free products, which is also good.  The pad is a bit greasy and it does dry up fast, so apply it quickly and be sure to tightly close the lid immediately after each use.  The Corrector has an odd light brown color to it, but it spreads clear on the skin, so don't worry. I use the system at night and apply plenty of sunscreen in the morning, and you should use sunscreen everyday anyways to protect your delicate skin from sun damages and aging.  


When I started this system, I was going through my regular episode of acne breakout, so I had quite a few red spots on my face.  And I felt like my spots did fade a bit faster this time around.  But, my one very old acne scar from many years ago remains about the same.  Now, according to Philosophy, this system also has a number of other benefits which I'm a bit skeptical about and I included my results in the list below.  I absolutely see no improvement on my fine lines, maybe it works for other people, but not for me!


The Correcting System costs $80 and it comes with a 0.5 oz Corrector and a 30-day supply of Retinoid Solution/Pads.  In other words, it will cost me $960 for a one-year supply, now that's a lot of money for just one product in one year.  Let's be honest, I still need to spend money on other skin care products such as sunscreen, masks, eye cream etc, and this system cannot replace my entire skin care routine, so this is far too expensive for me to invest in it.  However, I may use this as a treatment once or twice a year. If you know of a good dark spot correcting product, leave a comment.  It's almost Friday, yea...have a good weekend!!!
  • Skin Radiance Improvement  
    • No
  • Skin Brightness Improvement
    • A little
  • Skin Evenness Improvement
    • A little
  • Discoloration Improvement
    • Yes
  • Fine Lines Improvement
    • No
  • Price 
    • $80 at Sephora
  • Rating (out of 5)

2 comments:

  1. I have been using capiderm for many months now. Effective and easy to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, thank you for the comment. Can you use it for the face? I'll be interested to try it, price looks reasonable.

      Delete