Friday, November 4, 2011

Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover

I'm not sure what happened over the weekend but I got an allergic reaction earlier this week. My face, especially the skin around my eye area were red and itchy.  I applied very basic eye makeup in the morning (I don't want to scare people at work without any makeup on...LOL), just a thin eye liner and mascara.  But do I pay the price at night when I try to remove my makeup using my regular make up remover, I will not forget that burning stinging sensation!

So I searched my collection of samples and found the Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover. I got it awhile back from Sephora but never get around to try it.  (Oh! Totally off topic, don't just shop online, always sync up your purchases with online special offers or promotions to maximize your samples!  This is the best way to try out new brands and products, especially on expensive skin care products.)  I dabbed a little first to make sure it doesn't sting and I was relieved, it worked even on my irritated skin, all clean!

But of course, to really test the quality of the remover, I had to try waterproof makeup.  My skin condition is almost fully recovered, so I decided to use a waterproof liquid eyeliner and a waterproof mascara yesterday.  I got home last night, shake the bottle a bit, saturated a cotton pad, slowly wiped the makeup off and voilà, both the eyeliner and mascara disappeared!  When I run out, I think I might just have to buy a bottle from Sephora!  :)
  • Mild
    • Works great on sensitive skin
  • Waterproof Makeup
    • Yes, removes both waterproof eyeliner and mascara
  • Price
    • $8.50 - 1.69 oz at Sephora
    • $18.00 - 4.20 oz at Sephora
    • I know I know...drugstore brands are much cheaper so I won't give a perfect rating.
  • Rating (out of 5)

Oh! I took two photos so you can see the bottle and the color of the content clearly, couldn't accomplish both in the same picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment