Monday, October 31, 2011

Maybelline XXL Volume Mascara Waterproof - Very Black

So I returned the L'Oreal Voluminous and bought the Maybelline XXL Volume intead, and I am so glad I did! Let's get right into my experience of using it. In order to achieve the volume, make sure you do a good job sweeping the microfiber basecoat all over, from base to tip.  If you look in the mirror and you are scared with the look, then you did it right.  For Halloween makeup, you can stop right there...LOL.  Then, you want to cover all of your white lashes with the black microfiber topcoat.  I usually do both eyes with the basecoat first then follow the topcoat.  However, according to Maybelline website, you should apply your topcoat immediately, before your basecoat dries out.  But it didn't seem to make a huge difference to me, so you have to experiment with it and settle with the method that works best for you.  Also, I applied multiple black topcoat to give a more dramatic look.  Again, it all depends on how much volume you are looking for.  


While I do like the basecoat because it seems to help my lashes to stay pointing up, it is also the disadvantage of this product.  It is a very laborious task, you have to make sure you cover each and every one of your white lash evenly, otherwise the lashes look weird with random white spots.


But overall, better results than the L'Oreal Voluminous and I'm satisfied with the mascara so it's a keeper for me.  I'll see if I can take some pictures of the steps, I'm not very good at taking pictures of myself zoom in, but I promise I will try.  :)


Have a Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday to my best friend, Yin Yin!!!!
  • Volume  
    • Pretty good, the more topcoat, the better.
  • Microfiber basecoat
    • Seems to help keep my lashes up. 
  • Microfiber topcoat
    • Good dark color but need to evenly cover up all white basecoat.
  • Price 
    • $8.99 at CVS 
  • Waterproof 
    • Yes
  • Rating (out of 5)

3 comments:

  1. aww. thank you...
    i will try that mascara..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe...XOXO...let me know what u think of the mascara. they have different kinds: curve, length, volume, bold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure..will let u know once i tried that

    ReplyDelete