Monday, October 24, 2011

Intense Liquid-Like Eyeliners Face Off

Lately I see a lot more intense liquid-like or creamy eyeliner pencils, so I decided to do some comparisons. Below are the three brands I've tried and my ratings for each. I also included a color test and the underlined colors are the ones on my back of my hand.
  • Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Eyeliner 
    • Sapphire Strength, Midnight Master, Bold Brown, Coal Commander, Vibrant Violet, Made Of Steel
  • Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen
    • Black Blue, Black Cocoa, Black Noir, Black Tulip, Deep Plum, True Teal
  • L'Oreal Extra Intense Eyeliner
    • Black, Brown, Gray, Carbon Black
BrandSmoothnessIntensityColor VarietySmugnessPrice
Maybelline*************
$6.49
Pixi*****************
 $14
L'Oreal****************
$7.29
*** Prices are from Target Online.

Conclusion: If you don't care about the color variety, then go with L'Oreal.  If you want to play with something other than the basic black or brown, then go with Pixi.  However, Pixi is not available everywhere, I've only seen them in Target store but of course, you get always get them online.

Both L'Oreal and Pixi have good pigmentation, it looks very much like liquid. However, I still use a true black liquid eyeliner to draw a thin line just at the base b/c I like very straight line.  $)

Tip: These creamy eyeliner pencils are great to create smokey eye, just draw the line from thin to thick and smudge it!  :)


3 comments:

  1. i used the loreal one it was easy to goes on but it smudge..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's supposed to be smudgable, the other end of the pencil is a smudge tip. You are looking for waterproof pencil? I will review my two waterproof pencils but hint, there are no true waterproof eyeliner! :)

    Also, that's why I said in my post, I still use liquid eyeliner at the base, that helps to stop the raccoon eyes. Hope this help!

    ReplyDelete