Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wall Climbing @ Earth Treks

There was a crazy half price deal at Living Social last year to Earth Treks's introductory class that I just couldn't pass up on. I've always wanted to try it but it's not a cheap sport, the gear, the shoe, and the gym membership do add up. But I'm so glad I took up on this bargain from Living Social, otherwise I wouldn't know how much fun I'm missing!
     
I found the introductory class very informative and I learned all the basic skills today. We did two climbs during the class, but we can stay after class to climb for free for the rest of the day! My boyfriend, nephew and I took advantage of it and did a few more climbs after class. The class began at 3 in the afternoon and we didn't leave the gym until close to 7 in the evening. We are hooked already! My arms and legs were really tired, I felt like they were going to fall off but it was a great physical and mental challenge! It's not just about body strength, it's also about the strategy on choosing your next move. We'll definitely come back.

Oh! And the other good thing we found out today is that they have various visit-pass options in addition to the traditional membership, which are a lot more affordable and cost effective for us.

I only got two photos, I was too busy climbing or belaying. ;). If you are getting bored with you regular workout routine, give indoor climbing a shot, you might just get addicted to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment